When you apply for employment with RentPath, including by using our Site, we may collect and store your information. In most cases, the information we hold about you is collected through the Site, but we may also collect information from third parties with whom we have entered into an arrangement for such collection, or from their respective tools, applications or services, or from other means and sources, as described herein. We may also collect information from paper forms or communications between us and you in connection with a job application. Accordingly, our Policy may apply to you even if you do not submit information to us through the Site. Depending on how you use the Site, and other information you may provide or which we may collect, we may collect and store the following information:
- personal and contact information such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number;
- your CV and/or resume and any information that is disclosed in such documents, cover letters or messages;
- your work experience (e.g. employment history including companies, locations, job titles, start and end dates, supervisor names);
- your educational background (e.g., schools/universities, locations, highest level of education, major areas of study, graduation year, degrees, GPA);
- professional information such as certifications, relevant prior trainings or courses, language capabilities, your area/department/role of interest within RentPath, total compensation expectation, first possible start date, the fact that you might be subject to a non-compete, applicable termination/notice periods, restrictive covenant or any other agreement that might affect your ability to accept a position and work at RentPath, references, letters of recommendation, interview notes, the source you heard about the job vacancy, and availabilities to schedule an in person interview; and the results of application-related assessments;
- although the following may not be part of your application, we may collect: military and/or veteran status; your right to work in the United States and/or your selected location, and any limitations on your right to work associated with your employment sponsorship, if applicable; and the result of any background checks or other pre-employment screenings or assessments;
- information we need to provide you with an offer (e.g., rate of pay, start date, job title);
- information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as data posted in social media or other public locations on the Internet); or
- information collected automatically when you visit the Site, including:
- information about the type of device through which you access the Site, information about the browser you are using, and other similar information;
- information collected by web beacons and cookies on the devices you use to access the Site (i.e., computers and/or mobile devices, as well as internet browsers and other applications on a device that interacts with the internet);
- information based on your interactions with the Site and its advertising, such as search information, device sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within the Sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
We use your personal information we collect to carry out the application and recruitment process. We may also use personal information to comply with laws, assist with any investigations, comply with legal process, exercise or defend legal claims or otherwise enforce our Terms of Service, and for purposes otherwise permitted by law.
We may also use information we collect in connection with your use of the Site or your job application to:
- mitigate risk, prevent fraud, and troubleshoot problems;
- customize your experience on the Site;
- send you relevant job postings via email or consider you as a candidate for various job openings (whether or not you applied to those specific positions yourself);
- summarize your information (including personal information) that you provide to us or our affiliates;
- prepare aggregated data, including for general marketing and analytical purposes; and
- learn more about you.
In addition, we may provide or share some or all of the personal information listed above to:
- Third parties that assist us during the recruitment process. For example, we use third party service providers to collect your information as well as for other services such as carrying out background checks or work-related assessments.
- Another business entity should we plan to merge with, or sell substantially all our assets to that business entity.
5. Communications and Communication Tools
We communicate with users of the Site primarily through email. Also, when you apply for a job, we send “RentPath Careers” email updates about jobs you might be interested in. We provide all users with the opportunity to opt out of receiving non-essential (i.e., general job posting updates) communications from us. To remove your contact information from our career-related lists, click on the “unsubscribe” link that is included at the bottom of any RentPath Careers email you receive.
7. Third Parties
We treat data as an asset that must be protected and have taken steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications sent via the Internet. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications you transmit via the Internet will always remain private.
The Site is intended solely for use by persons 13 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Site, or contribute any information to us.
10. Additional Notice to California Residents
We describe the personal information we have collected from California applicants in the twelve (12) months preceding the Effective Date of this Privacy Statement in the part titled, “Collection” above. This information includes the following:
- Identifiers such as a real name; alias; postal, email and internet protocol (IP) addresses; online identifiers; and account name(s).
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) telephone number, (3) educational background, (4) employment-related information and employment history and (5) medical information.
- Although they may not be part of your application, we may collect certain characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law including gender, race/ethnicity, medical condition, military and/or veteran status, and immigration status; the results of credit and criminal background checks and other screening procedures; and medical conditions if disclosed to us.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, information regarding your interaction with the Site, or any of our applications or advertisements, or promotional emails. For more information, see the part titled “Cookies” above.
- Professional or employment-related information, including your work experience (e.g. employment history including companies, locations, job titles, start and end dates, supervisor names); your educational background (e.g., schools/universities, locations, highest level of education, major areas of study, graduation year, degrees, GPA); certifications, relevant prior trainings or courses, language capabilities, your area/department/role of interest within RentPath, total compensation expectation, first possible start date, the fact that you might be subject to a non-compete, applicable termination/notice periods, restrictive covenant or any other agreement that might affect your ability to accept a position and work at RentPath, references, letters of recommendation, interview notes, the source you heard about the job vacancy, and availabilities to schedule an in person interview; and the results of application-related assessments;
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our Site or seek employment whether electronically, in writing or orally; (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as data posted in social media or other public locations on the Internet); and (3) information we collect from third-party service providers such as those carrying out background checks or work-related assessments, in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
We use the personal information we collect regarding California applicants for the purposes described in the section titled, “Use” above.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
11. Disclosures relating to “Do Not Track”
As of the effective date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that may provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information regarding your online activities over time and across third party Web sites or online services.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
Attn: General Counsel
RentPath Holdings, Inc.
950 E. Paces Ferry Road, Suite 2600
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: December 18, 2019.