You are welcome to visit our websites, read articles and other materials, and check on product and service offerings without giving us any personally identifiable information. However, once you have chosen a particular product or service, we may request and retain specific information about you such as:
- Contact information including name, email address, home address and phone number.
- Demographic information such as age, gender, hobbies or interests, and family information.
- Financial information including credit card and/or bank account numbers.
- Website activities based information such as user name and password, IP address, browser type, domain name, access times and referring website address.
- Other Information. We conduct market research in an effort to continually improve our publications and websites and may purchase lists of potential customers from third parties. Those lists may include information on current users. This information is included in our database. That helps us, for example, minimize multiple mailings and emailings, and provide information tailored to your interests.
If you contact us through the website (by clicking on the “contact us”) button or by calling a website-issued telephone number or by email, we will collect information related to that communication. If the communication is by telephone, we will collect information related to the call, including your telephone number and the duration of the call. If the communication is by email, we will collect the content of the email in addition to other information related to the email. Without limiting any other provisions of this Policy, you expressly agree that we may use this data (“impression data”) to enforce our rights.
Our Use of Your Information
We use information you provide to fulfill your requests and improve our publications, products and services. In this regard, we may, from time to time, use the information we have collected to:
- Produce reports for advertisers, sponsors and vendors containing anonymous, aggregated information about our users, such as demographic, age and online usage information. We do not include any personally identifiable information of our users in these reports.
- Display or send custom, personalized content to our website visitors;
- Send newsletters, mail, emails, features, promotional material, notices of new publications, surveys and other updates, information or offers to our users. A user may, at any time, opt out of receiving such information.
- Evaluate and administer our products and services, fulfill customer requests and respond to any problems that may arise, as well as to gauge user trends to determine what products and services are most popular with users.
- Allow you to order publications and other products or services online. We and our technical and fulfillment agents and consultants follow careful procedures to safeguard credit card data in connection with your transactions.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information is available to RentPath and its technical and fulfillment agents and consultants who make this site and our publications, products and services available to you. Anonymous information may be made available to our advertisers, sponsors and promotional and business partners. We share your personal information with third parties only as described below:
RentPath and Its Agents. All companies and service providers working for RentPath must comply with our information collection, use and disclosure policies, and are not permitted to sell your information to third parties or to use it except as authorized by us and you, or as permitted or required by law.
Participating Vendors. Some of our websites offer opportunities to make purchases online from special participating vendors. Any time you order from a participating vendor, that vendor will automatically have all the information related to the order. Participating vendors may use that information to advise you directly of other products and offerings that they provide. RentPath is not responsible for their privacy policies, and urges you to inquire about their information practices.
Credit Card Companies. As in any transaction, your credit card company will have all relevant information about the name of the vendor, item(s) purchased, and date and total cost. RentPath will not otherwise provide any personal data to your credit card company.
Advertisers, Sponsors and Promotional and Business Partners. We may share anonymous, aggregate demographic information (such as gender, age, income, hobbies, interests, etc.), and anonymous information obtained from cookies and similar technologies, with our advertisers, sponsors, promotional and business partners, and with participating vendors at websites offering online sales opportunities. No personally identifiable information is disclosed to any of these third parties in providing these reports.
Offline and online contact information is handled differently:
Offline. As is customary in the publications business, offline contact information is shared with third parties who may send you offers or information about their products or services. You must opt-out if you do not wish to receive information from us or third parties by mail.
Online. Your email address is not shared with third parties unless you opt-in to receiving information from third parties. We may extend email offers to users or subscribers on behalf of our business partners about a particular product or service that may be of interest to you, but only if you have indicated that you would like to receive those offers. If you wish to receive such offers, we do not share or disclose your name or email address to those business partners, but will send you the information or offers on their behalf.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request; to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law; to protect the integrity of our site and our property; to protect the safety of our visitors or others; to fulfill your requests; or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons. These images allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information but they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about our website usage.
Third Party Advertisers
We use reputable third parties to serve some or all of the advertisements that are placed within our sites. These third parties may use information (not including personally identifiable information) about your visits to our sites and other sites to assist in serving advertisements to you. They may share anonymous information with their clients such as date/time of the banner ad shown, the specific ad shown, the IP address, etc. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here:
http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp. RentPath is not responsible for the privacy policies and procedures of any third party.
Managing Your Personal Information
To review, correct or update your contact information or change your preferences, you may:
- As a registered user or if you have an online account at one of our websites, you may be able to log on and update or change your contact or account information. Check the site for further information.
- Unsubscribe to any of our online email updates by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any message.
- Write to us and update your contact information or ask that we not share your personal contact information with third parties at:
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
950 East Paces Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
In those instances, we will retain your information in a “do not promote” file in our database. You may also contact us at email@example.com.
We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive promotional information from us by mail for up to 60 days due to printing and mailing schedules, and up to 10 days for email.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt important information in an effort to prevent unauthorized access during transmission of your orders over the Internet. We incorporate standard industry practices internally and with our service providers suitable to the degree of sensitivity of the information involved.
Your personal information may also be protected by the password you created when you registered at one of our websites where this feature is offered. The confidentiality of any password is yours to protect. You may change it anytime by following the instructions at the website where you registered.
Although we use our best efforts to assure that your data remains secure when maintained by us, security during Internet transmissions cannot be assured. RentPath employees are made aware of its privacy practices through periodic communications and training. We strive to limit access to personal data only to those RentPath employees or agents with a specific need to access or retrieve this information. We store data on multiple service systems, in controlled, secure environments. In an effort to maintain the highest level of security, we conduct internal reviews of our security measures on a regular basis.
Visitors Outside The United States
Our websites and the servers that make these sites available worldwide are located in the United States. All matters relating to these sites are governed by the laws of the State of Georgia in the United States. Any information you provide in subscribing to one of our publications, registering, or ordering at one of our websites will be transferred to the United States. By visiting our sites and submitting information, you authorize this transfer, processing and use.
Or you can contact us by mail at:
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
950 East Paces Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326